Thursday, September 18, 2008

Stop! In the Name of Love

This is just an excerpt from the introduction to the workbook that I am using to help me to lead this study. It is a great explanation of what we are trying to do in this study. I hope that y'all will enjoy the first chapter as we get ready for next week.
I have a short video for y'all to watch and I will put it up on the blog as soon as I figure out how to do that!!! But when you see the REACH video somewhere on here, please watch it!
Amber

"If you are not in a deep love relationship and feel like flipping the switch when the topics of romance, weddings, and marriage come up - don't! Though love songs will be sung and romantic stories told, we are using these as "parables" to help you understand the best romance, which is your relationship with Jesus, who is the ultimate Bridegroom for all believing women, whether they are single or married.
We pray this won't be just a sentimental journey, but a journey that you can look back on and say 'It was during those ten weeks that I began to really see Jesus in a new way and yearn for an intimacy with Him that I had not known.'
Please remember, you are His Beloved. You are the object of His affection. He wants to whisper words of love to you. He wants to take you higher, out of the hiding places, into the land of invincible love.
If you are thinking, I don't know if I even want a deep love relationship with Jesus. I feel dead inside, hang on! You may feel skeptical, but we plead with you to keep your heart open. You may discover the greatest romance of your life/"
From Falling in Love with Jesus workbook

No comments: